Tips for Sellers
Selling your home can be an arduous process.
Your real estate professional can help make the process smoother and easier. Here are some things to consider when selling your home:
1. Choose a real estate professional:
Selling a home has many nuances and details that a real estate professional has been trained to resolve. Choosing the right agent can mean the difference in your getting the highest value for your home or not. A real estate professional can help you with:
- Pricing your home
- Free Market Analysis
- Marketing your home
- Showing your home
- Preparation of the contract
- Negotiating with the buyers
2. Price your home to sell:
Every seller wants to get the most money for their home. A real estate professional will be able to provide you with a free market analysis so you can price your home to attract buyers and sell as quickly as possible. Some factors to consider are:
- How quickly you need to sell
- The competition of houses in a similar price range
- The financing landscape in your area
- The sales prices of similar homes recently in your area
3. Prepare your house to sell:
Your real estate professional is your partner in selling your home. You need to present the best house you can to attract buyers.
Here are some tips for preparing your home to show:
- Paint interior and exterior features showing signs of wear
- Wash windows inside and out
- Repair any broken items or replace as needed
- Clean carpets
- Clean or replace caulking in bathtubs and showers
- Open blinds and draperies to let the light in Use air freshener or bake cookies to give the home a pleasant scent
- Control your pets
- Don’t be home during the showing process
- Make sure the landscaping is maintained and neat
4. Have a multi-faceted marketing strategy:
Targeted media exposure and multiple strategies for marketing your home should be employed by your real estate professional.
- Use of the multiple listing service
- Advertising within the real estate company
- Individual agent advertising
- Print advertising
- Online advertising
- Neighborhood announcements
- Open houses.
*Most buyers want to view the home during business hours so be sure your real estate professional is available during these hours to show your home and be in contact with prospective buyers.*
5. Be honest with your disclosures:
You don’t want a sale to fall through because you omitted something or were false about something in the disclosures. Being honest is the safest plan in the long run. Require the buyer have a home inspection. It will protect both of you.
6. Consider the whole offer:
Sale price alone may not get you the best deal. Consider things like: Who will pay closing costs Timeliness of the closing date Who will handle any needed repairs Down payment Financing options for the buyer
*The complete package is what determines what best suits your needs as a seller.